Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Mouse Strikes Back


Got a note from a fan about Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, and the possibility of doing Shadows of the Empire as a movie. The problem, of course, is that SOTE takes place between episodes V and VI, (The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.) Without a time machine, none of the actors could play the roles, them all being somewhat older than they were when the first trilogy was filmed.

I always thought it would make a fine animated movie, or maybe even a TV series. Given The Clone Wars on the tube, that's not beyond the realm of possibility. And the original actors could do the voices, which would be a selling point, I'd think.

Of course, I wouldn't make a nickel from such a project. I got paid well for the book, but don't have a piece of anything else; still, I'd love to see it.

Disney needs to make its money back, and Shadows was,  if I do say so myself, a great story, everybody but Han in it, and a nasty villain that Princess Leia knees in the nuts.

Are you listening, Mickey?

1 comment:

Brady T. Chin said...

Not to mention the introduction of some very cool action figu...I mean supporting characters!