Monday, February 06, 2012

New Space Opera Series


I believe I mentioned that I had turned in the manuscript for the first of the three-book military space opera series I'm doing for Ace.


Cutter's Wars: The Ramal Extraction.


Apparently it's not so awful they wanted to burn it, salt the ashes, and get their money back, and I am told it is scheduled for publication in January, 2013. As a paperback and an ebook, for those who might be interested in one over the other ...


Meanwhile, I hope to get the next Matador book, Churl, done before I need to swing into the second Cutter's Wars. I'll give it a try ...

2 comments:

jnabrown said...

Congrats on getting that done. I've been looking forward to it.
But Churl? I smile every time I read that title, and smile wider when I remember the premise.
Thank you for continuing the series.

TracelessTiger said...

"Apparently it's not so awful they wanted to burn it, salt the ashes, and get their money back,"

Hahahaha. Never. They could hand you the cheesiest concept, and you would still write it into something exceptionally brilliant.

(They should have you writing the new Dune books, instead of Kevin J. Anderson)

The new series sounds really great. Also can't wait for the new Matador book. :)