Sunday, August 07, 2011

Artwork Contest



Back in May, I offered up a small artwork contest, looking for a design for an alien character I planned to put into a novel. 


If you want, you can read about it here.


I thought I might be inundated by starving artists, but apparently that isn't the problem I thought, because while I got a few entries, the overall response was, well ... underwhelming.


The contest is now closed, and none of the entries were quite what I was looking for. That's how it goes.


The one who came closest to what I had in mind is a young freelance artist named Ubin Li. Her drawing was the best of the bunch, and while ectomorphic for what I visualized, well-rendered and professional.


If you are in need of an artist, check her out.


I hope she'll forgive me screwing with her drawing, but this is closer to what I had in mind, though still not quite there:



Kluthfem Kay, the Vastalimi

No comments: