Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Weatherman, Part II

Remember what I said about not needing a weatherman in the previous post?

Today's forecast was forty degrees and rain. Currently at Steve's house, it is 32ยบ, and as the picture from my office window shows -- that ain't rain falling. Coming down harder since I shot that image, too.

Not only do you not need a weatherman, you couldn't trust the lying SOB if you had one.

We had a make-up silat class scheduled for this evening. If we were enjoying a tropical downpour, even a hurricane, I'd go, I can drive in that, but I don't do snow in my little car. Too many fools in SUVs who are gonna lose it and maybe smack into me.

I'm ready for summer.

P.S. You'll notice that the hummingbird doesn't look real happy about this, either ...

4 comments:

Brad said...

I'd rather have snow than the cold crappy rain we've been having today. Darn Texans don't know how to drive if it ain't dry outside.

On another note, back to the book slacker!!!! (I say that with nothing but love in my heart).

Just finished The Trinity Vector and really really enjoyed it. I've noticed a big theme running through your books, finding and recognizing love when it happens to you. Probably one reason I enjoy your books so much, I'm a romantic deep inside.

Anonymous said...

One of the fun things about Steve's books is subtle references in them from other books that have absolutely nothing to do with the book you are reading at the time.

Brad said...

Yeah, I noticed quite a few Matador references... but I would since I just finished the whole series again... wouldn't notice many references to your other books Steve, they just don't capture my imagination the way the Matador books do.

Kevin Randolph said...

There are a few series I usually read twice a year or so. The Matador series is one of them.

I remember laughing quite a bit when I saw a line in one of the books (no clue which one) that mentioned the 'Ill fated expedition of the Heavenstar' or something like that.

When my kids get a bit older, I plan on starting them in on Steve's books. At the moment, they are only familiar with his Batman cartoons.

During Christmas, my brother was talking fondly about the old Centurions cartoon.

It's interesting to look back at how many books and cartoons Steve has worked on over the years. Quite a large list!

I'm not much of a 'horror' fan, but if you get a chance, take a look at some of the Resident Evil books by S.D. Perry (Steve's daughter). I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed them.

Hmm. I didn't realize she had a bunch of Star Trek novels as well. . . I guess I have some more reading to do.

http://www.amazon.com/S.D.-Perry/e/B001H6MGHG/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1