Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm Ready for My Long Shot, Mr. DeMille ...


So, the world premiere of the Star Trek New Voyages episode, "World Enough, and Time," was yesterday in L.A. I haven't heard how the theatrical event went, but the concomitant streaming video of the actual showing apparently did not come to pass -- a software problem.

In any event, the episode should be available for viewing at the New Voyages site, although it is apt to be busy for a time as fans log on to watch it. If you are a Trek fan, you should find it interesting.

(NOTE: Apparently there is a problem here -- the old site keeps coming up 404, and I don't know if that's because it's overwhelmed with hits or they scuttled it. So maybe you won't get to see this after all ...)

My five seconds of fame as the V.O. of the Shuttle Pilot has arrived but you can't hear it ...

If they do the remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey, I'm going to audition for the voice of the HAL Nine Thousand ...

"I'm sorry, Dave, but you don't get foreign residuals for this role ..."

1 comment:

Steve Perry said...

Coming from the man who swills Schludwiller, I'm not impressed.

I remember your beer company's corporate motto when speaking of its -- pardon the expression -- brew:

Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum.

Forgive my rusty Latin, it's been so long since I spoke aloud it to my fellow Romans, but to translate it:

"What they don't know won't hurt 'em ..."