Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Better Than A Poke in the Eye ...


So I was out in the back yard today, snipping branches from the mostly-dead-and-finally-
going-away-evergreen bushes, a long-running project. Each week, I try to fill the green recycle bin with branches and needles and such.

At the current rate, I'll be done in about five years.

Um. Anyway, I grabbed a particularly springy branch I thought was still attached at one end, but wasn't, and it popped up and smacked me square on the right eye. Well, it would have, save I was wearing glasses. Instead of blinding me, it whacked the shatterproof lens hard enough to knock it out, and God-knows-where -- after an hour, I gave up looking for it.

I'm now wearing an old pair of glasses, squinting at the screen, and being thankful I wasn't wearing contact lenses, else I might look like the picture up top.

As soon as I can, I'll be going to see Dr. Lam to get some new glasses.

Never a dull moment.

No comments: