Friday, March 23, 2007

New Book



Recently, I was asked if I wanted to write a short story for a new series being produced by Adventure Boys. These are pulp-style stories for YA readers (YA meaning "young adult," which translates to the ten-to-twelve year-old age bracket, and in this case aimed at boys.)

The stories are illustrated, and then put into the format of an old pulp magazine. Along with the fiction is a short section of history about the period.

The one I did, in collaboration with Mike Stackpole, was a hoot. Reminds me of the old Hardy Boys mysteries I read as a lad. Good, clean, fun -- unlike what I usually write ...

The Adventure Boys website is still being built, but you can sign up for mailings there if you want.

1 comment:

jaymo said...

I never really got in to the Hardy's and was more of a fan of The Three Investigators. Wow, I haven't really thought of them in over 25 years. This looks to have been an enjoyable tangent.
Take care,
Jay